The best man or maid of honor is usually tasked to do a wedding speech. He or she can do just the traditional best wishes or one can give out an especially funny and memorable speech. Here are some tips.
1. Tell them about a funny childhood experience of the bride or groom
Did the bride/groom use to dress up as a bunny in her 1st grade play? Good thing now she looks so elegant/dapper in her wedding dress/ tuxedo.
2. Tell them about a funny high school experience of the bride or groom
Was the bride/ groom awarded as the late Mr. Smith in his high school batch for always being tardy? Good thing the only time he/she is punctual is on his/her wedding date.
3. Tell them about an unusual habit of the bride or groom
Does the groom sing in his sleep? Does the bride practice her dance moves while watching television? Would they be able to stand each other’s weird habits?
4. Tell them about an unusual food preference of the bride or groom
Does the groom dip his chips on his orange juice before munching? Does the bride put salt on her cereal? Does each have to adapt to each others weird eating habits?
5. Tell them about a weird talent of the bride or groom.
Can the groom move his ears without touching them with his hands? Can the bride walk through fire and broken glass the way they do in the circus? Now they can be sure that there will be no extra-marital affairs are these are such tough acts to follow.
6. Tell them about the funny first encounter of the bride and groom
Did the bride first meet the groom when she accidentally went inside a men’s restroom? Did the bride just cover for a girl friend on their first date without the groom knowing? Good thing those accidental encounters turned out so well today.
7. Tell them about a funny story when the bride and groom were dating
Did the bride/groom dress up as a pumpkin on a party that coincided with costume party, thinking the affair was a costume party when in fact it was a black tie affair? Good thing he/she dressed right for the affair on their wedding day.
8. Tell them a funny/weird practice about the bride’s side of the family
Did the bride’s family require the groom to do some Dance Revo moves before they officially welcomed him to the family?
9. Tell them a funny/ weird practice of the groom’s side of the family
Did the groom’s family require the bride to dye her hair blonde as proof of her love to the groom, since everyone in their family are blondes?
- Tell them about a funny thing noticed during the wedding rites
Was the groom too nervous on his wedding date that he wore mismatched socks? Good thing he and the bride are a perfect pair.
The idea is to tell them a funny story about the bride or groom and joke if their partner could live with it for the rest of their lives.